Saturday, November 20, 2010

TDoT(14): A hero that has let you down

Oprah. I love her, but she let me down. Not on purpose of course, but she promised me, oh, years ago now, that if I visualised and mantra-ed about something it would happen. And it sort of did, but then it didn't.

Dear Oprah,

I'm a huge fan, and please don't let this letter make you think I'm any less of a fan now, but I just must let you know that I feel a little let down about something. It's not huge, and I wouldn't ordinarily have bothered you with it, but I'm doing Thirty Days of Truth you see, and this one's on 'A hero that has let you down' and I promised to write on the first thing that came to mind, and that was you, and this.

Many, many months ago, you did a show on visualising what you want, and saying it to yourself first thing each morning. You and the expert on your show that time (sorry, I can't remember their name) promised that, if I did this, it'd come true.

Well, I thought very hard about it, and created my mantra, and repeated it each morning for many, many moons. Then something happened, and I thought it'd worked. Then something else happened, and I thought it hadn't. Now, though, as I write this letter, I realise it did, but perhaps just not in the way I'd thought. Makes me think of the saying 'Be careful what you wish for.' Except that I'm not sad that this is what I got.

Oh, blast, I just talked in a complete circle. You're my hero, you let me down (in a very roundabout way) but now I see maybe you didn't.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Lots of love,
Shiny x

2 comments:

Angela said...

She`ll be quite clear about your letter.

Shiny said...

I hope so - even I got confused by it! x