Monday, November 15, 2010

Let's catch up, shall we?

As you can see, I'm going rather faster than one post a day for Thirty Days of Truth. There are a number of reasons for this, the main ones being:
  1. I wish to write a book
  2. Anything which allows procrastination is taken up with vigour (see point 1)
  3. In order to get to the book-writing I need to finish Thirty Days of Truth (see point 2)
  4. I am obsessive-compulsive about finishing things (see point 3)
  5. I am on holiday this week allowing for large amounts of vigorous procrastination
  6. I wish to finish my Thirty Days of Truth by December

I hadn't realised how hardcore the whole thing is. I didn't read the entire list before launching myself into it with vigorous fervour. Silly me. However, I'm putting my Big Girl Panties on and doing it. Vigorously. Fervently. In far less than thirty days. I've never liked being told what to do. I shall do it in, urm, twenty-something days. Before December the first, that being a big day for me. I wish to be done with the truth-telling then and return to the safe coccoon of my vaguely truthful storytelling.

Back to point 5. I'm on holiday and it's Summer and one of my old varsity friends and I are visiting galleries around the City Beneath the Mountain this week. And lunching. Today we wandered off to the seaside, a small place full of eccentrics where I met the postman and discovered he's about the nicest man there. But back to TDoT. Sigh. What's next?

No comments: