Saturday, November 20, 2010

TDoT(11): Something people seem to compliment you the most on

I used to get complimented on my smile, all the time. It has slowed down though, now that I'm thinking about it. I wonder why? Is it because I'm older? Isn't it a nice smile anymore? Or, how terrible, am I not smiling as much?

Now there's something to think about. I try to smile a lot you see. I smile at everybody. It just seems so much nicer to do that than to just look vacantly through people. Admittedly, I don't smile at everybody, all the time, because sometimes I'm just in my head and am not actually noticing things in this world. If I am in this world when I see you though, I'll smile.

Hmm, maybe I need to think more deeply about this. Maybe I'm spending too much time in my head, so not smiling enough, so not getting the compliments anymore. How complicated. Only thing is that I need to work out how to stop thinking so hard about it (and dwelling in my head) so that I'm available to smile.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Don`t smile at everybody. They only get confused and will turn around and look behind them. Because, you know, many people don`t DESERVE a beaming smile, and they KNOW it.
But when you do, do it full-heartedly. Then you`ll get those compliments again! Mind: Only the real mouth-corners-up-to-your-ears-smile is the one that counts!