Monday, May 4, 2009

Backed into a corner

I backed myself into a corner, all of a sudden. I don’t know how it happened, it just did. One minute I was sitting at the table by the fire, drinking wine, reminiscing about our youthful folly, and catching up on the new, not-as-youthful folly (yes, we struggle not to be follyful, still now). And the next minute, the deadline loomed up big behind me and then it was there, next to me, and then it had passed me and I watched it’s lithe bottom streak ahead of me. Oh shit.


Reading that back, perhaps I do know how it happened – wine, reminiscing, folly, all in one sentence. So that’s where it went. It was worth it though.


Excuse me for a minute while I chase after it… it really does look cute in it’s little Deadline Running Shorts. And I'm sure its thirsty, I must give it some water to drink.

No comments: