Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pudding

I just received an indignant mail from G saying: “You didn’t mention the pudding.” And she’s right, I didn’t. Forgive me, because it was worth mentioning. There under the hot night sky, we made ourselves fatter, just like the moon, while I listened in to the plastic-surgeried-to-the-hilt lady at the next table going on-and-on-and-on about healthy lifestyle choices and self actualisation. She ordered a burger. When it arrived she threw her arms up, put her hands to her cheeks and exclaimed: “Chips!” What did she expect? Twit. She then scoffed them down at great speed.

Across at our table, the pudding was delicious. Vanilla Swiss Roll with chocolate sauce, espresso ice-cream and a good whallop of cream. We shared it, because pudding, in my opinion, should always be shared. It just tastes nicer that way.

3 comments:

MrsLG said...

Wahahahahaa.... LOVED your desription of the woman at the other table! :)

I agree, pudding is better shared! Even if we each order a different one, we share them!

Angela said...

I LOVE to listen to people at the next table. (I hope they don`t fel the same way about us, but probably they do). But aren`t they always peculiar?
Your pudding sounds great. I`ll now go and eat the slim version of one (yoghurt), alone, sadly.

Shiny said...

Ig - I always find it very hard not to eavesdrop so, mostly, I just let myself!

Geli - see above... Hope the yoghurt was yummy

xx