Thursday, December 3, 2009

So much to tell



I have been quiet, it's true. As I alluded to in a couple of previous posts - I have been busy falling in love. When this happens, I find that time runs away, like a Jack Russel puppy after a small red plastic bone (I've had one a-visiting The Big Black Dog, thus the analogy). And my whole falling in love story is something I want to write about, and shout from the rooftops, and be all sickeningly Mills & Boon-ey about, but I've held back. I'm holding back.

It's that bloody privacy thing again. It's at times like this that I think of opening up a whole new, completely anonymous blog. While I have maintained relative anonymity on this one, there are those people who do know me, who read it intermittently (or did. Maybe they've sauntered off again)... Honestly though, it's the fear of my mother reading it. Because I have not told her about my romance, although I think she suspects it. And, well, it's complicated, but I need to tell her first, before you all.

I think.

Then I start to really want to blurt it all out because blogland is filled with people with such good advice. Oh, blegh.

In less obscure news (sorry, I know secret-keeping in blogland is just frustrating really... please, bear with me... I can feel an outpouring is imminent), I went to visit the beautiful baby nephews over the weekend. They're 4 months old and smiley and gurgley and just delicious. This is what they look like now (pics above... can't get them down here for some reason). One sleeping, one awake, both yummy.
I will be better at posting, I have stories to tell. Yes, I'm convincing myself. And I'm reminding myself that this whole blogging thing was (is) an exercise in placing my honest, straight-forward thoughts on paper (screen), no editing, no fancy-edging.
If I think I can, then I can, surely?

5 comments:

allie. said...

Dear Shiny,

This letter is to let you know that your technique of telling parts of stories, with promises of more to come; your hints at further revelations about a romance; your subtle references to mysterious difficult relationships - brilliant!

It makes your blog a veritable cliff-hanging experience.

Each time I visit, I hold my breath: "Is she going to tell us today??"

If you are practising to write a book, you're doing wonderfully well!

Anonymous said...

I told you mine....so it is only fair!!

come on....

Rambler said...

I know shiny's secrets. I know shiny's secrets...

allie. said...

Oh shut up, Rambler! ;-)

Shiny said...

Allie - I will, I promise, as soon as I build up the courage. Clive is cruel to taunt you like that! And Mud, you're right, as always

xx