Monday, October 19, 2009

Kreativ Blogger

I got given an award by the delicious Tamara, of Fleeing Muses. I've never been given a blog award before, so I feel a bit like a Sub A girl, with a gold star on my forehead, and want to puff my chest out and call my mother to tell her. Thank you Tamara. I kind of like this one, really, because it's made me write, and, as you've probably noticed, I've been a bit slack with that, of late. I'm ignoring point 2 because I don't really understand what it means, and I quite like my uncluttered page. Unlike my house filled with hoarded goods from a million years ago, it's nice to keep the lines clean here.

The award is the Kreativ Blogger award and the rules are:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

Seven things people might find interesting about me:

1. My house is full-to-overflowing with 'things' - most of which have names. I am pretty damn sure inanimate objects have feelings. Reading that, I realise I might be showing some sure signs of slight (note, I said slight) madness. I'd like to think I'm just vaguely kooky. It's genetic.
2. In the same vein - I can NEVER leave one pea (or corn, or piece of carrot) on a plate. It has to be two, or none. In case they get lonely.
3. I won the smallest trophy ever made, at school in 1991, for hurdles. It was the only sport I ever did and I was ever-so-proud of the mini-trophy (even though I had to give it back a week later so it could go back in the trophy cupboard for the next year).
4. My great grandfather was a professor of music and collected African instruments. I am sad I didn't have the chance to know him.
5. I believe that when we die, our souls separate into little silver pieces that float into everybody we ever came in contact with - the people we loved, the people who smiled at us on the street, everybody. That's why your character grows, as you grow older.
6. I think I might be falling in love, for the first time in years. I said I think. I'm not committing to anything yet.
7. When I close my eyes, I swear I can see stories playing on the inside of my eyelids. Like a drive-in.

And now I'm supposed to nominate seven people, but I think most of mine have been taken. I'll try though:

Family Affairs, because she makes me either laugh or cry, in virtually every post.
Frank, because he grows flowers, and I've missed his posts of late.
Clive, because he's witty, and clever, and real.
Muplustwo, because she, too, makes me laugh and cry.

Sorry - the others I'd like to nominate, have it already. I wonder if I can get away with just claiming kookiness, and blaming it on my genes?

3 comments:

family affairs said...

Thank you SO much darling, but I'm afraid Miranda beat you to it and I've received it from her!! Sorry. But lovely of you to think of me - I used to do that with peas - couldn't possibly leave one and always had to either leave two or swallow the last one whole! Thought it might be something to do with being in love....your current state of mind. FAb. Brilliant. V happy for you. Lx

Rambler said...

An award? An AWARD!

who me?

*waves*

tx babe!

mwah!!!!

Angela said...

Falling in love is wonderful!