Sunday, May 8, 2011

I'm ba-ack!

I keep meaning to write. I have things to say. They're always important and, in hindsight, I convince myself they would've been beautiful, prosaic posts far beyond anything I'm capable of writing. In my head, they are. But life is getting in the way, not giving me my outlet. I'm not letting it. And I must. I miss my blog, and I miss reading everyone elses. I try desperately to catch up every now and then. Listen to me... whinge, whine, moan.

I had my phone stolen on Friday night. This is not an unusual occurrence for South African phones. It happens. First time for me, though. It was at a food fair filled with bourgeois (sp?) people looking beautiful, wanting to be seen. One of them stole my phone. I was surprisingly calm about the whole thing and quite enjoyed being phoneless and having a springclean of phone numbers forced on me. The admin around cancelling, replacing, organising bored me a bit though.

A rambling blog post. I want to get back into it before I fly off to Spain, in TWO WEEKS! So exciting! I'd like to say I'll be blogging all my lovely stories from there but I fear I'll be too busy just being. on. holiday.

I'm going to try to be more regular until then though, I have stories to tell. They're blocking up my head. They need out.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Your French is fine, now brush up your Spanish! Sorry about your phone and all the stored numbers, but you took it bravely.
Yes, we want to hear ALL your stories, the ones in your head and the ones you are going to experience! Auf geht`s!

Milla said...

wanted to say thank you for coming to my blog. Got waylaid but I'm here now - love yours, too.
Have a great time in Spain.
Pain about the phone. Bourgeois swine.

Shiny said...

Geli - I'm going to do my best to get them out.

Milla - your blog is a pleasure to visit! I've added it to my blog list I love it so much x