Monday, September 17, 2012

Looking ahead

I was doing well there, for a bit. Getting a post out every day, every second day, and then I faltered. I feel like I have nothing to say, I kept opening new blog posts, even giving them a title and then, breath bated, I sat. Then I berated myself and said: "Shiny, if you have nothing to say, then you'll just have to bloody write about having nothing to say." Feeling suitably shamed by my own beration (is there such a word?), here I am.

I'm counting days until I leave for the great Karoo expanse. I shall be there for almost two months, blessed with large tracts of time during which I have no commitments. None. I plan to do a large amount of sitting on the stoep, maybe drinking beer, maybe reading, maybe watching the donkeys amble by (yes! there are donkeys), maybe chatting, maybe being still and listening, but definitely breathing. Large lungsful of clear Karoo air that make my heart swell.

And then, hopefully, I'll be showered with inspiration to write and I won't feel like I'm dragging myself over here by the scruff of my neck.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Even if you don`t write a word, it will make your heart swell.
But I HOPE you will start and almost FINISH your book. It must be published soon. Your audience in just blogland is far too little.

Kristin said...

I cannot wait to read of your adventures, either as they happen or when you find the time to write them. How wonderful.

Shiny said...

Geli - if ever do it, I think this'll be when I do xx

Kristen - hopefully as they happen! I'm toying with the idea of doing a completely separate blog xx