Sunday, November 13, 2011

NaNoWriMo

I'm still alive, just so busy, with words flowing out of me in a surprising gush of completely trashy chick lit. I'm amazed and feel slightly schizophrenic, like my lead character has taken me over and is making me write. Bizarre, but very pleasingly so. I'm afraid to say it, in case I jinx it, but I'm really enjoying NaNoWriMo.

I fear that probably only 5000 of my (hopefully) 50000 words may, in some future where I really sit down and write a book, be useable in some form but that doesn't matter. At this point, what matters is that I've managed to get over my 1000-word block.

It's a different thing to blogging, and I feel a little tongue-tied here. I wanted to check in, though.

I'll be back. Maybe only in December. Forgive me.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Waving at you! It`s all right, carry on, but let us read (at least parts of) your story later!

Kristin said...

My thoughts have been with you, looking forward to when you're writing something decidedly less novel but happy for you that your words have diverged.

Shiny said...

Geli and Kristen - I'm not sure anybody will want to read this one, but once I've proved I can write one I'll pick out the bits (maybe 1000 out of the 50000 words) and try and turn it into something, well, readable. I'm missing reading yours too, though! xx