Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Backed in a corner

It’s October next week. No, I’m not lying… it really is. Can you believe? I know it becomes such a monotonous cry of ‘how time is flying’, over and over but, um, it’s just true. The older you get, the quicker it goes. Last October I did this little daily writing experiment thing (on another site) and I am going to try and be better with my writing this October. I feel like I’ve been ignoring myself and writing about other people. Okay, it’s not just a feeling, it’s a truth. I had a privacy panic. Perfectly normal Shiny behaviour really. There are things I just can’t won’t talk about here.

Spring is here and it’s new leaf time. I feel a little proud and very scared that I just sent a (very tentative, putting out feelers) e-mail to a place in The Big Smoke, asking about jobs there. I’ve been in my Real Job for 12 years and we are currently being under-appreciated so I’m thinking maybe it’s time I ruffle my feathers a bit. It’s very much tentative though, a move from The City Beneath the Mountain being a big thing. The twins (my lovely one-year old nephews) are there, though. Maybe I should make a Stay/Go list.

I am just feeling a little like a hissing kitten backed in a corner in oh-so-many facets of my life, like I need to flee. Hopefully it’s a fleeting feeling. Hopefully it’s just that time of year. Somehow, as the months creep (fly) toward December I tend to get it. Bleergh. Must remember: new leaf. Spring.

We all have them feelings, don’t we?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, feeling like that now too. Need something new and exciting to give me a boost!

Angela said...

Look at it as a new adventure! Life is still full of new turns and surprises, give it a chance. 12 years at one place is long enough. I wonder if that colleague of yours ever spoke again?

Shiny said...

Mud - new beginnings time I think!

Geli - oh yes, he did! With no explanation... funny old man

x